This is a used Fender J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster Purple MIJ.
Good condition and playability.
A modern take on a classic.
A unique and modern take on the classic Jazzmaster guitar from one of its most well known-players. An update of a timeless classic, this Jazzmaster electric guitar features purple sparkle paint with a matching headcap, an "o-matic"-style bridge, anodized pickguard, reinforced tremolo arm housing for improved fit, jumbo frets and a satin finished neck. The Adjusto-Matic bridge provides better intonation, resonance, and playability. Jumbo frets facilitate easier note bending.
From Dinosaur Jr to the Fog, J Mascis and his energetic lead guitar style took the Fender Jazzmaster to a new place and introduced the guitar to a new generation. In addition to its stunning looks, this guitar from the Artist Series has many player-centric modifications as requested by J Mascis himself.
- Series: Artist
- Body: Basswood
- Neck: 1-piece C-shaped maple (thin satin polyurethane finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 7.25" radius (184 mm)
- Frets: 21 jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Fender vintage style
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic
- Pickguard: Gold anodized
- Pickups: Vintage reissue pickups
- Pickup Switching: 3-position toggle
- Position 1: bridge pickup
- Position 2: bridge and neck pickups
- Position 3: neck pickup
- 2-position slide: lead tone circuit (up) rhythm tone circuit (down)
- Controls: "Lead" circuit: volume, tone; "Rhythm" circuit: volume, tone
- Strings: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel (.009 to .042, P/N 073-0250-003)
- Unique Features: Custom paint, bridge, jumbo frets, satin neck, anodized pickguard